My SDR – Reloaded

I received my new PCB this Friday and started to solder it with a new approach. Instead of working by stages, I soldered every series of components. It’s very fast because the components identification is visual and easy on the computer. It’s a bit boring for the large series, but I the counterpart is I soldered more than 350 surface mount components in less 4.5 hours. I used the solder mask (steel foils cut by laser) to put the right quantity of solder paste and the result is simply excellent. Now, I have to winding the toroids and finalize the board. Some pictures of my new prototype :

TinySDR7Mb2-pcb-top

Fresh new PCB, top face

TinySDR7Mb2-pcb-back

Bottom face

solder-paste

Close view on the solder paste pads

TinySDR7Mb2-solder-top

The final board soldered, without the inductors and transformers

TinySDR7Mb2-solder-back

Bottom face of the final board

My SDR – Work in progress

Yearrrr! I received my PCB Friday, just in time. The quality is here, and it’s another good point for PCB Layout. The day after, I started to solder a large part of the SDR transceiver, but unfortunately, I missed the CODEC in my components order… Braaaa, components are delivered in J+1 ^^

pcb-received

TinySDR borad, my 4 layers PCB

proto-partial-web

Colors are fine for Christmas 🙂